1. I submitted my order but have not yet received my account details!
2. How do I get my domain name to work with your hosting?
3. Is it easy to transfer my account from a previous host?
4. Is a free domain name included with the service?
5. What if I don't own a domain name?
6. I cannot access my site or cPanel, is the server down?
7. Do you offer SSH access?
8. Will my PayPal subscription renew itself automatically?
9. How do I cancel my hosting account?
10. How do I set up SSL?
11. What are your terms of service?
^I submitted my order but have not yet received my account details, why?
This may be due to your spam filters, please be sure to add our email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your safe-list and double-check your spam box. If you have done the above and still not received your welcome email within a few hours please submit a support ticket and always include an alternate email address.
^My website is not working! How do I get my domain name to work with your hosting?
To do this you will have to log into your domain registrar's control panel and change your nameservers to the ones listed in your welcome email. Once you have done this, you may have to wait a little while before your domain resolves to our server. Propagation can take up to 48 hours depending on various circumstances, although it is usually instaneous these days.
^Is it easy to transfer my account from a previous host?
If your current host is using cPanel then we can copy your hosting account to one of our servers very easily. Even if your current host does not use cPanel we can usually copy your account without too much hassle. Remember, it's a good idea to always keep a backup of your site on your local machine as well.
^Is a free domain name included with the service?
To keep our prices as low as possible we do not include domains, although we do also sell affordable domains here: Hole in the Wall Domains. The account is functional without a domain however and you are certainly not required to purchase one in order to use the service!
^What if I don't own a domain name?
For those who don't have or want a domain name of their own, you may be interested in using one of our stock domains as a subdomain. Right now you can choose between user.holeinthewallhosting.com, user.fatkitties.net and user.kittysquadron.com! We also offer domains for $10 through Hole in the Wall Domains.
^I cannot access my site or cPanel, is the server down?
If you suddenly find that you are unable to load your website or cPanel then it may be that your public IP address has become blocked by the server's firewall. This can be due to failed log in attempts, a very large number of simultaneous connections, or something of that nature. Please submit a ticket with your IP address (whatsmyip.net) and we will look into it for you.
^Do you offer SSH access?
Yep, shell access is available at the low price of $10 per year! You can click here to make your payment through PayPal and we will set it up for you as soon as we receive payment notification.
^Will my PayPal subscription renew itself automatically?
Yes, the subscriptions renew on their own after one year, entirely without user intervention. At the same time it's absolutely fine if you cancel your subscription with us while using the service. We are happy to send out a notification near the time of your renewal, asking whether you'd like to continue hosting with us or not. We do automatic subscriptions by default because it's an easier method for most people, but the desire to control one's own renewal makes just as much sense.
^How do I cancel my hosting account?
Canceling your account is quick and easy, you can simply email us or subsmit a support ticket requesting that your account be canceled. To avoid any unwanted charges, we do ask that you notify us that you wish to cancel at least 30 days before your yearly renewal date.
^How do I set up SSL?
There are a few steps to go through in order to set up an SSL certificate. We don't sell the SSL certs themselves but we do set them up for free once you purchase one from a third party vendor. The setup chronology is crucial so please read carefully...
1) First you'll need to purchase a dedicated IP address in order for a private SSL cert to work properly.
2) Once you've purchased the dedicated IP, we will need to generate a "SSL Certificate and Signing Request" for you. You will have to present the resulting data from this CSR to whoever you purchase your certificate from in order for things to match up, so don't buy a cert before sending us the information required by this form! This is the info we'll need:
3) Once you've sent us the above information and we generate the CSR, a certificate request will be emailed to the address provided in the form. Only after you've received this email should you go ahead and purchase your SSL certificate, as in order to redeem it you'll need to paste the data in.
4) After you've purchased your certificate, simply send us the CRT they provide you with so we can install it. And that should be it in a nutshell...